Blog Archive
- 2010 (1)
- 2007 (1)
- 2004 (8)
-
2003
(169)
- December(15)
- November(7)
- October(11)
- September(7)
-
August(10)
- Don't ever, ever, eat 8 ounces of cheese curd in o...
- Still trying to get a reasonably functioning templ...
- Whether you know it or not, and if you don't read ...
- Remembering phone numbers was pretty easy at one p...
- Some one who has my email address in their address...
- Okay, so I didn't change things up all that much.....
- I'm pretty tired of my blog. I'm thinking I need t...
- Yuba Gap Camping Adventure The trip went flawle...
- I was purusing Yahoo news when I came upon this ar...
- I've played sports almost my entire life. As such,...
- July(17)
- June(16)
- May(5)
- April(11)
- March(16)
- February(23)
- January(31)
- 2002 (248)
- 2001 (161)
About Me
- Inherently Different
- Stuff about the person who owns this blog, but it only scratches the surface because I am deeper than the Mariana Trench.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2003
(169)
-
▼
August
(10)
- Don't ever, ever, eat 8 ounces of cheese curd in o...
- Still trying to get a reasonably functioning templ...
- Whether you know it or not, and if you don't read ...
- Remembering phone numbers was pretty easy at one p...
- Some one who has my email address in their address...
- Okay, so I didn't change things up all that much.....
- I'm pretty tired of my blog. I'm thinking I need t...
- Yuba Gap Camping Adventure The trip went flawle...
- I was purusing Yahoo news when I came upon this ar...
- I've played sports almost my entire life. As such,...
-
▼
August
(10)
8/02/2003
I've played sports almost my entire life. As such, I have been in the emergency room many times. Broken bones are nothing new nor are dislocations, tears, or hyper-extensions. I've been lucky in so much I am still able to walk much less still able to enjoy the sports that bring me so much joy.
Of course, I seem to forget that I am 37 and with age comes degradation of my flexibility. On thursday I went up for a routine spike, nailed it and came down... with a crack.
Being older means that I can't really expect to land awkwardly and just shake off whatever happens. Being older means that when I do land awkwardly, there will usually be a price to be paid and that price will come with a great deal of pain.
I am now the proud owner of a jacked up left ankle. I partially tore some ligaments that prevent my foot from wandering off in whatever direction gravity wishes. What does that mean? Well, for the immediate future it means that I will not be jumping around like I just don't care at my Yuba Gap camping adventure. But it also means that I will be wearing an airbrace for at least the next six weeks.
Being older means that I can't really expect to land awkwardly and just shake off whatever happens. Being older means that when I do land awkwardly, there will usually be a price to be paid and that price will come with a great deal of pain.
I am now the proud owner of a jacked up left ankle. I partially tore some ligaments that prevent my foot from wandering off in whatever direction gravity wishes. What does that mean? Well, for the immediate future it means that I will not be jumping around like I just don't care at my Yuba Gap camping adventure. But it also means that I will be wearing an airbrace for at least the next six weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments: