About Me

My Photo
Inherently Different
Stuff about the person who owns this blog, but it only scratches the surface because I am deeper than the Mariana Trench.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

6/01/2001
What a long, strange trip it's been Well, the word upon high landed with a thud upon the peasants this morning. First, I have to hand it to our CEO who actually looked ready to shed a tear. Aside from that, for him to get our employees the severance package that he did was most likely a Herculean effort. Our company is not dead but on life support with 30 U.S. employees and 20 Japan employees staying on to keep the sites up and running until some one with deep pockets and long term vision can step in and buy the company. I was one of the 170 some-odd employees that were axed today but I don't feel any ill will nor any anger. It was fun while it lasted and I have a shitload of great stuff to add to my portfolio. Being a copywriter you don't always get to write what you want and this company allowed me the opportunity to do exactly as I saw fit. I can count some major company initiatives on my list of successful endeavors. But, don't worry...I'll be posting from home and keep up the mantle of "meanest man under 40."

comment?

0 comments: