Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
Inherently Different
Stuff about the person who owns this blog, but it only scratches the surface because I am deeper than the Mariana Trench.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

8/11/2001
Do you ever wonder about the simple art of communication? I've thought about it a great deal today. Mostly because I think that some people have ever-present filters they use in their pursuit of happiness...a little confused? So am I. It seems that some people regularly listen to someone say something, process the information and store it. Only, what I am finding out is that what they hear isn't necessarily what is said. Either their mental recorders or perhaps even their mental playback machine is somehow tainting the communication process. For instance, if I told someone suffering from this malady, "today the sky is a light blue with puffy clouds and on days like today I enjoy playing golf," the person in question might hear: You know, I think that my ex-girlfriend's boyfriend doesn't trust me and would rather I not spend time with her. Sound illogical? Yeah, it does to me too. I like to believe I can communicate but I obviously have a serious problem communicating especially with one person in particular. Sometimes my friend makes shit up! I swear, sometimes I look at her with this perplexed expression, wondering how the plant-like aliens could have snatched her with me lying next to her. I mean, it must be some kind of invasion of the body snatchers type of thing since she comes up with these incredible statements that she attributes to me. Of course, maybe it is me and maybe I do say them...anyone who knows me knows I don't know what I'm talking about half the time...er, right. Nope, it must be her. I don't have these communication problems with any one else. Just her. I'd ask her friends if they come across this situation but they're all on some form of medication to keep the schizophrenic episodes from turning into psychopathic episodes. I could always blame it on the hormones, or the job, or stress or...shit, any number of a hundred excuses that I often hear from her as to why she has these highly charged emotional moments in which I am the son of satan which is obviously wrong...anyone who knows me knows that I AM SATAN. I think I need to scrub my life of emotional baggage...unfortunately that means cutting some friends off from my life...but hey, at least I'll be happier and infinitely more calm.

comment?

0 comments: