About Me

My Photo
Inherently Different
Stuff about the person who owns this blog, but it only scratches the surface because I am deeper than the Mariana Trench.
View my complete profile
10/17/2003
If you have ever played organized sports of any kind, you can understand how a Red Sox fan feels this morning. For that matter, you can probably understand how Cubs fans feel. Being in a playoff to decide physical, mental and emotional superiority is a reward but falls miserably short of satisfaction if the end result isn't a berth into the championship. I've played a variety of sports in my day. From hockey to baseball to football and soccer, I've been fortunate enough to be on a number of superior teams that have been invited to the "big dance." I've been on the winning team just as often as I've been on the losing team and can say that when I've won, I've learned little. When I've lost, I've learned everything I know about human nature and fate. Many people scoff at the idea of destiny, fate and that some things are pre-ordained. I for one believe in this concept whole-heartedly which contradicts a great many things about my personality. The fact that neither the Boston Redsox nor the Chicago Cubs made it to the World Series was pre-ordained. Too bad, maybe next year, eh?

0 comments: