About Me

My Photo
Inherently Different
Stuff about the person who owns this blog, but it only scratches the surface because I am deeper than the Mariana Trench.
View my complete profile
4/18/2003
An Open Letter to My Blog: Dear Blog, I’m sorry we’ve drifted apart. I wish I could point out something specific that you did or said that prompted my slow and deliberate extraction from my dependence on you. Of course, it wasn’t any one thing. Yes, work and social events have taken precedence in recent weeks but that’s not all of it. You were there when work wasn’t bringing me the satisfaction that it should have and more importantly, when my long-term relationship ended, you were there for me, offering a sympathetic ear and allowed me the opportunity to see the situation clearly. It meant a great deal to me and for that I thank you. In recent weeks you have accused me of literary infidelity which as you know, I denied as vigorously as France denies having ulterior motives for protesting the war. But you see, there is someone else. Well, something. I’ve started writing again. Yes, I know, I used to write to you daily. Unfortunately, spending time with you would invariably take time away creatively that would be better spent with my true love, writing stories that have no basis in reality. Right now, writing my screenplay is taking every ounce of creativity I can muster and while I can often spare a few anecdotes, derisive jests and what not, I only have a few short weeks to finish my script, which I hope to submit to the Austin Film Festival Screenplay Competition in May. I’m sure right now you’re feeling as though I am abandoning you or worse that I don’t care. But that is far from the truth. In fact, it can be argued that my lack of posting is just my way of illustrating that I would rather not post at all than to continue my half-assed attempts of showing you the love I once had for you. I know, a flimsy excuse but it is the only one I have. So, while this transition period will be hard on both of us, rest assured that you are never far from my thoughts. When I can once again commit to delivering the kind of writing that satisfies you and the four people who consistently read this blog, I will post more often. For now though, take this post as a sort of request for understanding. Be there as you always have and I will return as often as I can. Love always, E.

0 comments: