About Me

My Photo
Inherently Different
Stuff about the person who owns this blog, but it only scratches the surface because I am deeper than the Mariana Trench.
View my complete profile
4/10/2003
"This war is just wrong! The Iraqi people don't want it. The American people don't want it." - my friend and tree-hugging peacenik, A.J*, before the war started. "I don't believe anything the media reports. I don't believe that the celebrating in the streets is real. I think it is staged. I don't even know if there is an Iraq!" - my disillusioned tree-hugging peacknik friend, A.J.*, swimming in a deep pool of denial over the toppling of Hussein's regime in Iraq. What kills me about the peaceniks in general is that they are usually so blinded by the rhetoric that so easily drips from their slack jaws, that they can't even admit to themselves that what is happening isn't as bad as they feared. The war to topple the regime is over. The war to rebuild Iraq is just beginning. The only question in my mind is how quickly we can pull out of Iraq and leave the governing to the people themselves.

0 comments: