Blog Archive
- 2010 (1)
- 2007 (1)
- 2004 (8)
-
2003
(169)
- December(15)
- November(7)
- October(11)
- September(7)
- August(10)
-
July(17)
- Looking for details about my Yuba Gap Camping Adve...
- The word upon high comes down to the masses and no...
- Ahh... Just a little over two weeks before my Yub...
- I wonder if doing this is akin to insider trading....
- I'm a relatively simple person. Most people who ar...
- As many of you know, I work for AtomFilms as a wri...
- Last night, after catching Pirates of the Caribbea...
- Have I mentioned how cool MusicMatch MX Platinum i...
- Yet another view from my penthouse apartment of th...
- I like zombie movies. Have loved them ever since I...
- Years ago, on a day very similar to the one we're ...
- At the risk of having my friend Ally bash me for p...
- Just some recent pics from the old dig...
- Anyone who knows me at all knows that my favorite ...
- It seems that an article published in Wired Magazi...
- So I have the new Harry Potter book, Order of the ...
- You’re an adult. Theoretically since you’ve got ac...
- June(16)
- May(5)
- April(11)
- March(16)
- February(23)
- January(31)
- 2002 (248)
- 2001 (161)
About Me
- Inherently Different
- Stuff about the person who owns this blog, but it only scratches the surface because I am deeper than the Mariana Trench.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2003
(169)
-
▼
July
(17)
- Looking for details about my Yuba Gap Camping Adve...
- The word upon high comes down to the masses and no...
- Ahh... Just a little over two weeks before my Yub...
- I wonder if doing this is akin to insider trading....
- I'm a relatively simple person. Most people who ar...
- As many of you know, I work for AtomFilms as a wri...
- Last night, after catching Pirates of the Caribbea...
- Have I mentioned how cool MusicMatch MX Platinum i...
- Yet another view from my penthouse apartment of th...
- I like zombie movies. Have loved them ever since I...
- Years ago, on a day very similar to the one we're ...
- At the risk of having my friend Ally bash me for p...
- Just some recent pics from the old dig...
- Anyone who knows me at all knows that my favorite ...
- It seems that an article published in Wired Magazi...
- So I have the new Harry Potter book, Order of the ...
- You’re an adult. Theoretically since you’ve got ac...
-
▼
July
(17)
7/24/2003
I'm a relatively simple person. Most people who are part of my life (and some who have since disappeared from said same) might disagree with that statement, which is a bit disconcerting. In fact, it's down right infuriating. For better or worse, I'm very black and white. I say what I mean and rarely, if ever, hide meanings or vague messages in what I say. If I say, "you look good in those pants," that is not a passive-aggressive way of saying, "You're getting fat!" If you can hear me say (or read the words I write) and take anything away other than the original intent, that isn't me... That's YOU!
In my experience, people tend to shun responsibility for the way they feel. They would rather blame someone else for "making them" feel a certain way because the idea that someone else controls their emotions is a lot easier to digest than, say, digging into their own psyche and realizing that they have projected certain perceptions (real or imagined) about themselves onto a completely innocent person.
Over the last few days I've experienced situations in which people have taken words I've spoken, with nothing intrinsically evil about them, into places I would never have thought they could go. I kills me because the people who should understand me, women who I've developed intimate relationships with, should never take this road. Today, I had to make a hard decision about ending a friendship that is truly important to me. I've weighed the options, taken recent and past events into account, and dissected the cost-to-benefit ratio and unfortunately, I'm on the losing end of the math. I'm sorrier today than I've ever been in my life but for my own well-being (and that of a certain person who sometimes reads these missives) I have to move on. Good luck and good-bye.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments: