Blog Archive
- 2010 (1)
- 2007 (1)
- 2004 (8)
-
2003
(169)
- December(15)
- November(7)
- October(11)
- September(7)
- August(10)
-
July(17)
- Looking for details about my Yuba Gap Camping Adve...
- The word upon high comes down to the masses and no...
- Ahh... Just a little over two weeks before my Yub...
- I wonder if doing this is akin to insider trading....
- I'm a relatively simple person. Most people who ar...
- As many of you know, I work for AtomFilms as a wri...
- Last night, after catching Pirates of the Caribbea...
- Have I mentioned how cool MusicMatch MX Platinum i...
- Yet another view from my penthouse apartment of th...
- I like zombie movies. Have loved them ever since I...
- Years ago, on a day very similar to the one we're ...
- At the risk of having my friend Ally bash me for p...
- Just some recent pics from the old dig...
- Anyone who knows me at all knows that my favorite ...
- It seems that an article published in Wired Magazi...
- So I have the new Harry Potter book, Order of the ...
- You’re an adult. Theoretically since you’ve got ac...
- June(16)
- May(5)
- April(11)
- March(16)
- February(23)
- January(31)
- 2002 (248)
- 2001 (161)
About Me
- Inherently Different
- Stuff about the person who owns this blog, but it only scratches the surface because I am deeper than the Mariana Trench.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2003
(169)
-
▼
July
(17)
- Looking for details about my Yuba Gap Camping Adve...
- The word upon high comes down to the masses and no...
- Ahh... Just a little over two weeks before my Yub...
- I wonder if doing this is akin to insider trading....
- I'm a relatively simple person. Most people who ar...
- As many of you know, I work for AtomFilms as a wri...
- Last night, after catching Pirates of the Caribbea...
- Have I mentioned how cool MusicMatch MX Platinum i...
- Yet another view from my penthouse apartment of th...
- I like zombie movies. Have loved them ever since I...
- Years ago, on a day very similar to the one we're ...
- At the risk of having my friend Ally bash me for p...
- Just some recent pics from the old dig...
- Anyone who knows me at all knows that my favorite ...
- It seems that an article published in Wired Magazi...
- So I have the new Harry Potter book, Order of the ...
- You’re an adult. Theoretically since you’ve got ac...
-
▼
July
(17)
7/16/2003
Last night, after catching Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl I stopped into the Virgin Mega Store. A huge banner announced that there was a huge $10 CD/DVD Sale in progress. Sure, I thought, another collection of outdated, unwanted DVDs and CDs for bargain basement prices. Boy, am I a sucker. Truth is, the sale is pretty good and lots of the films they have available are first run and classic films that would be great additions to any film fan's library.
I picked up Night of the Hunter, On The Beach, For A Few Dollars More & The Killing for $43 and change. Night of the Hunter is my favorite noir film, possibly my favorite movie of all time. On The Beach is a film about the last surviving Navy ship after a nuclear war and the people who still remain (made in 1959 it predates any of the cataclysmic movies of the late sixties and early 70s about nuclear war). For A Few Dollars More is Eastwood's second movie in the Man With No Name trilogy (Fistful of Dollars, For A Few Dollars More, High Plains Drifter). The Killing is ofcourse Kubricks heist film that is still the standard for the genre.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments: