About Me

My Photo
Inherently Different
Stuff about the person who owns this blog, but it only scratches the surface because I am deeper than the Mariana Trench.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

7/01/2003
You’re an adult. Theoretically since you’ve got access to a computer, an Internet connection and the savvy to peruse this blog of all the blogs in the blogosphere. You make decisions that impact your life everyday and hopefully, you are never forced to make decisions that are detrimental to you. Personally, I don’t believe I’m ever forced to make any decisions. Especially when they had direct impact on my health or mental well-being. No one can force me to smoke cigarettes. Nor can I be forced to drink a certain brand of soda. I make decisions everyday about what I want to eat. I can eat healthy or I can eat quickly but rarely do these two ideals go hand-in-hand. The theme here is personal decisions in case some of your synapses are misfiring. I bring this up because of this article which breaks down some recent legal wrangling regarding food. The general motion being set forth by lawsuits of this type is to absolve the individual from living with the decisions they make. Essentially, the way I see it anyway, people want to have the legal recourse to sue a fast food company if they get fat. Am I the only one who thinks this is the most frivolous use of our legal system? I put this type of lawsuit right up there with the completely ridiculous lawsuits brought on by smokers who get lung cancer from smoking cigarettes for 25 years. I can understand if you are suing the Tobacco conglomerates if you contracted lung cancer despite your aversion to smoking, from second hand smoke for example, but if you CHOOSE to smoke and you get the big C, well, you’re not only fucked, but you’re stupid too.

0 comments: