Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
Inherently Different
Stuff about the person who owns this blog, but it only scratches the surface because I am deeper than the Mariana Trench.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

7/13/2002
Well, it's official... I went over to the darkside. When I first began fussing with computers, I used an old Atari, then an IBM when they began making personal computers, then an Apple. Shortly after graduating from college, I worked for a computer company. I was in charge of writing a marketing newsletter that discussed the "cutting-edge" technologies that no foresighted business should be without. So, I learned how to use all sorts of computers, from memory sipping command-line operating systems like DOS and UNIX to high-end workstations like Sparc and Indigo. Consequently, I was able to make a relatively educated decision on which computer platform was the best (at least from my perspective). While I enjoyed the power and performance of the PC-based systems, I always enjoyed working with my trusty Macintosh computer. It allowed me to do things without even thinking about them, which for any creative type, meant that you harnessed the power of your imagination without being handcuffed by the technological minutia. I liked that about my Mac. When all the PC-geeks I worked with would rail on me or make fun of me, I was always able to do everything I wanted from my Mac. Sometimes, when they needed something from me, I would make them say, "Mac's are better than PCs!" Mostly because what they were requesting was impossible on a PC. Flash forward to two days ago. I succumbed to the power of the darkside and purchased my very first PC. It's a Gateway 500x and it's easily one of the most powerful machines I've worked on. Granted, I still mainly use my Macintosh G4 for most of the creative stuff I like to do but the PC is now sitting right next to my trusty Mac.

0 comments: