Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
Inherently Different
Stuff about the person who owns this blog, but it only scratches the surface because I am deeper than the Mariana Trench.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

5/17/2001
I watched an HBO special about children in pageants, "Living Dolls." I was horrified! Three things bothered me incredibly...the first was watching these parents trying to relive their failed childhoods and improve their own damaged self-esteem through their children...lets face it, these children wouldn't know anything about this lifestyle if the parents didn't drive them in this direction. Two: Are you f'ing kidding me? One of the children, a girl named Swan, has a mother that is the epitome of dysfunction. A cool mom? She is involved with an older man not because she is in love with him but because he can provide a home for her brood! She's a user! Three: Another parent laments about choosing between growth hormone and paying for her young son's participation in pageants? What is this mother thinking? She is single-handedly screwing up this kids priorities not to mention whacking his gender into question! The kid is at a stage in which he will begin to emulate "influential" men in his life and what does he have for male role models? Two bitchy queens! If this kid doesn't end up taking lives in high school with an assault rifle or hustling johns on the street, I'll be surprised! This show is a fitting example why I support drive-by Norplant shootings!

comment?

0 comments: