Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
Inherently Different
Stuff about the person who owns this blog, but it only scratches the surface because I am deeper than the Mariana Trench.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

5/29/2001
Today will most likely yield some resolution in the dream that is my job. On wednesday there was a meeting with the board to discuss the future of the company. Keep in mind that it isn't a small company but one of the most visited sites on the web. The announcement hasn't been made as of 8:30 am but should come sometime in the next 72 hours. I believe what will happen is that 2/3 of the company, roughly 130 people, will be laid off with only a skeleton crew of employees remaining to maintain the site (life support?) until a FINAL solution can be found. Whether or not that solution is a sale, buyout or shutdown remains to be seen. Pardon me if I don't post all that often between now and the end of the week since I'll be sending out resumes and email to prospective freelance clients.

0 comments: