Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
Inherently Different
Stuff about the person who owns this blog, but it only scratches the surface because I am deeper than the Mariana Trench.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

7/27/2001
I am dangerous. So says one random email person who did not appreciate my "isolationist, semi-literate, racist" posting about racial profiling. Aside from one bleeding-heart-liberal, Michigan-living, junior copywriter who shall remain ignorant, er, I mean, anonymous...this moron was the only one who commented on my diatribe. First, I am not a racist...I am a realist. Secondly, I am a "non hair net wearing" Mexican (born in Mexico and didn't move to the United States until I was five). Thirdly, and most importantly...how long must we as a society continue to pay for the mistakes of our forefathers? Yes, discrimination in any form is wrong. Every human on this planet is equal in my eyes, even the dumb ones. But, to accept criminal behavior from anyone regardless of color is a crime itself. The world does not "owe" you anything. The "man" is a myth...the only one keeping you down is yourself! Now, back to racial profiling. I am not saying it is wrong or right...I am saying that racial profiling, like stereotypes, are a product of repetitive action. Cops have it hard enough without accusing them of racially motivated arrest patterns, our justice system is flawed enough without pointing out that the highest percentage of prison inmates in our nation is African American but these are facts of life in the United States...While I agree that being questioned just because you happen to be of color is wrong, a good percentage of crime is committed by people of color...there is no mistaking that facet of our society...it is unfortunate but it is fact. Racial profiling is a symptom of a much greater problem, that problem being poor education and few opportunities in urban, low-income communities. Rather than have lily-white whiners complaining about racial profiling, they should shake their asses out to the inner city of their choice and start a self-help program...teach skills, reading, writing, self-value...in time, crime would start to fade as a career option, drug use would subside and racial profiling would cease to be an effective means of curbing crime...why? Because people of color in low-income communities would not need to rely on criminal behavior to survive...just my opinion of course...

comment?

0 comments: