Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
Inherently Different
Stuff about the person who owns this blog, but it only scratches the surface because I am deeper than the Mariana Trench.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

7/22/2001
Remember what I've said about critics? While trying to get showtimes for The Score, I came across three different reviews from three different publications. "...a sturdily diverting old fashioned heist thriller..." (Entertainment Weekly) "...a taut, suspenseful heist flick that'll keep you on the edge of your seat." (E! Online) "...a spiritless, unimaginative exercise in professionalism for its own sake." (NY Times) Guess which one is from the guy who gets paid to be overly critical to the point of ridiculousness? Yep, the turd burglar from the New York Times. I've read their reviews and they always rip a film apart unless it is: A) Filmed in New York with local talent and crew, B) an Art House film premiering in New York, C) a film by a pretentious soho auteur.

comment?

0 comments: