Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
Inherently Different
Stuff about the person who owns this blog, but it only scratches the surface because I am deeper than the Mariana Trench.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

1/24/2003
I'm home. On a Friday night. In San Francisco. One of the most notoriously fun cities in the whole of the known universe. And I'm home. On a Friday night. There was a time, long ago, when I would fully take advantage of my surroundings. I was younger then. Less set in my ways, infinitely more adventurous and more importantly, open to the possibilities. I'm not a fan of drinking. Drugs lost their allure sometime in the late 80s. Random sexual encounters were really never my gig. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a prude nor am I adverse to partaking in these endeavors. In high school, I worked in an Elks Club lodge. I had access to huge quantities of alcohol. I drank like a fish and supplied half my hometown with beer throughout high school. In college, I didn't so much as experiment with illicit substances as I was into full scale research. I've tried just about anything this side of Drain-O and can safely say, that drugs are bad, mmkay? "Yeah, but what about the sex?" you ask. Well, I'm a fan. But not ever so consumed by it that I was willing to forget certain truths about our world. Sex is great. Sex is fun. But the thought of dying for a piece of ass? No thanks. Since I've always been a one woman type of guy, one night stands and random hookups don't really excite me much. Don't get me wrong. I hear about the outrageous adventures my friends have and sometimes I think that I'd like to do it, just for old times sake. You know, tie one on and live a little. Then I jump on my computer to find an appropriate venue... and I check out my favorite blogs... and I forget all about going out. It's much easier, and safer, to live vicariously through others... with age comes wisdom. On another note, some recent blog finds are chock full of interesting content. For instance, Naladahc has some pretty decent content, lots of great links to follow and a pretty good writer behind it all. In addition, The Date Project chimed in on my post about Rules for Boys, originally from That Broken Girl.

0 comments: