Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
Inherently Different
Stuff about the person who owns this blog, but it only scratches the surface because I am deeper than the Mariana Trench.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

1/03/2003
The light cast by the single light bulb flickered, casting hazily dancing shadows on the bedroom wall. "Tell me again why I'm doing this?" she asked for the fourth time in the last few hours. "Because I asked you to," he replied. "And I should do everything you ask?" she quipped, sounding almost like a stereotypical old Jewish lady. He laughed quietly. Few people could make him laugh like that and he smiled at the thought. The more time he spent with her the more he could see a future together. Small beads of sweat had formed on her forehead, her hair pulled neatly in a ponytail hours earlier was now disheveled and wet from their exertions. "You should do it because you want to, not because you feel compelled to. But just know that I appreciate the help," He countered. For the last few hours Kaitlyn and Conner had stripped the dingy wallpaper from the walls of the entire apartment. Now, with only his bedroom remaining, the end was in sight. He looked at Kaitlyn as she attacked another wall. Slender and athletic, she still retained the build that she'd acquired in college and seemingly adopted for a lifetime. She applied the stripper to the wall in long, smooth strokes, careful not to let the corrosive liquid fall on the recently refurbished wood floor. She turned quickly, catching Conner's gaze momentarily. Kaitlyn smiled and returned to the task at hand. The apartment was his but he planned on asking her to move in soon. This would be the beginning of something wonderful and the smile on his lips was in anticipation of a life full of possibilities.

0 comments: