Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
Inherently Different
Stuff about the person who owns this blog, but it only scratches the surface because I am deeper than the Mariana Trench.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

1/17/2003
Interesting Gucci Ad Is this ad offensive? I find it quite humorous but far from offensive. Follow the link and read all about the uproar this ad is causing. The funny thing about puritanical protests of this nature is that all they really do is sensensationalize something that probably wouldn't have attracted all that much attention in the first place. Anytime someone makes a case for censoring something, the publicity inevitably forces the very image (or song, film, book, etc) you are trying to keep from the public into the public eye. It doesn't take a genius to realize if you are offended by something, the best way to make it go away is to ignore it. Or am I missing something?

0 comments: