Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
Inherently Different
Stuff about the person who owns this blog, but it only scratches the surface because I am deeper than the Mariana Trench.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

1/12/2003
I'm not a believer in much of anything other than science. To me, astrology or numerology, mysticism, phrenology, ghosts, crystals, feng shui and any other "other-worldly" beliefs in energies or entities that can control of our lives are, for the most part, horse-shit. Yeah, I know that many of you take this stuff seriously and can spill out any amount of rhetoric on these topics in order to defend your belief or subscription to them. Unlike a great many of you, I need incontrovertible proof before I'll buy into any of this stuff. Mostly, cause I'm not simple minded. Of course, I can change my mind... especially if I experience any of these things first-hand. Last night, I may have had the type of experience that could change my mind. After attending a going-away party for my friend ally (didn't drink a drop of alcohol, smoke any crack or drop any hallucinogens), I came home at about 11 pm. Tired and having been out late the previous night, I went to sleep shortly after getting home. At about 2:30 am, I woke up laying on my back. I hadn't been dreaming but had been dozing, tossing and turning, unable to find a comfortable position to sleep in. I looked over to my left and there was someone in my room. At first, waking from the light sleep, it took me a moment to focus and adjust my eyes to the darkness. But after a few seconds, I knew two things... One: I WAS awake. I know this because I could see the time (2:36 am) on my alarm clock on the ground to the left of my bed. The second, was that I could clearly see a person standing a few feet away from me (the light from the digital readout on my alarm clock was illuminating his pajama bottoms). In the few seconds after my eyes adjusted, I could clearly see that the man was old, had clenched his hands into fists at his sides and he was hunched over toward my bed. His hair was longer, white and disheveled and he wore a white wife-beater t-shirt over greying, pasty-looking skin. When I realized what I was looking at, I FREAKED. I jumped back (a difficult maneuver when you're laying down), scuttling away toward the opposite side of the room. Just like that, the apparition disappeared. I sat there looking from my bed to the place he had been occupying moments before and there wasn't any sign of him other than my heart pounding in my chest. The clock on the ground still said 2:36 and changed as I was looking at it to 2:37, but the man was no longer there. It took about an hour for me to relax and calm down enough to fall back asleep. Do I now believe in ghosts? No but I am open to the possibility that they exist. It was just really unnerving to experience that. I know I was awake and what I saw was as real as anything can be at 2:30 in the morning on a Saturday night. What it was, I can't say. Any of you have any ghost stories to tell?

0 comments: