Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
Inherently Different
Stuff about the person who owns this blog, but it only scratches the surface because I am deeper than the Mariana Trench.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

1/27/2003
Life Begins at 8,000 Feet As many of you have previously read, I picked the winner and almost nailed the score, of the Super Bowl. I watched a little of the game after coming home from a run with my friend Poot. It was great to do something healthy with her and hope that she continues to enjoy running with me. Running brings me almost as much joy as snowboarding does. Well, at least it releases endorphins in the similar way that snowboarding down a 28% grade in a blinding snowfall does. I started snowboarding when I moved up to the bay area. A few of my Beeline Group friends were avid boarders and went up every weekend. On my first trip up with them, I picked it up rather easily, no thanks to them. The bastards took me to the top of the mountain and told me two things... "Trust your edge," and "Speed is your friend," and that was it. They strapped in and took off, leaving me to ponder the words they had left me with. It took me almost two hours to get down that first time but by the end of the run, I was able to turn and stop, which if you've ever gone snowboarding you should recognize that these two feats are the most important. Now, I go every opportunity I can get. I can pretty much rip through any condition and situation. I could safely say that I would rather be riding right now. Perhaps I'll go this weekend. On another note, I'm seriously considering attending film school. How do you like those apples?

0 comments: