Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
Inherently Different
Stuff about the person who owns this blog, but it only scratches the surface because I am deeper than the Mariana Trench.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

8/09/2002
I've been flipping back and forth between reading Bukowski and Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer. For anyone who is a fan of the Harry Potter books, Artemis Fowl is definitely worth the read. Chronicling the life of 12-year-old Artemis Fowl, a millionaire criminal mastermind, who just happens to be hell-bent on stealing one ton of Leprechaun gold... While the story line is attractive to young people but the vocabulary is probably more geared towards adults, which is why Harry Potter is the most popular cross-generational literary series of all time. I know that there seems to be a disconnect between reading Bukowski and reading a children's book but I have a habit of doing that... reading something heavy and something light at the same time. Just between you and I, it keeps me from stripping naked, covering myself with chunky peanut butter, grabbing a AK-47 and spraying the neighborhood... consider this a good thing.

0 comments: