Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
Inherently Different
Stuff about the person who owns this blog, but it only scratches the surface because I am deeper than the Mariana Trench.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

8/28/2002
Someone used my email address (not my email server) to send out a virus to millions of people. The originating address said support at biscuitindex dot com but in actuality, came from a different server all-together. Interesting. l like to think that I'm a relatively hard nut to crack when it comes to scams. One thing I'm a sucker for though is reading material. I just can't resist a deal on magazine subscriptions. I bought a five year subscription to Maxim two years ago for $60. Two weeks ago I bought five subscriptions to five magazines for five years and paid an ungodly sum of money. It was a scam. I did it anyway. Since I buy these magazines regularly at the newsstand for the full cover price I figured it was a good deal. The real draw was the fact that I can change the subscriptions as often as I wish without incurring any additional fees. Which means that in the off season, I can drop Snowboarder and pickup Surfer. Nice huh! Yeah, I know. I'm a moron but what can you do? Truth is, I got a phonecall, listened to the girl's schpeal and didn't realize I had just ordered the magazines until after they told me that I would get a bill in the mail. I could easily break the contract so I'm not too worried but after it happened I did a Homer Simpson-esque "DOH!" On another note, I found a link to this poll hosting service on Pierce's blog. Here's my first poll.

0 comments: