Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
Inherently Different
Stuff about the person who owns this blog, but it only scratches the surface because I am deeper than the Mariana Trench.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

9/09/2002
I've always been a fan of black and white photography. Unfortunately, b&w photography never shared the same opinion of me. While having a hobby is nice, knowing your limitations can save you time and money. In college, I took a few classes and never quite understood what all the buttons and doohickies on a camera actually did... much less how to develop film into a print... I decided, with a teacher's gentle prodding, that maybe painting pictures with words (copywriter) or selling clients ideas (account exec) would be better professions. The jury is still out on whether or not I made the right decision. Anyway, a few weeks ago, wandering around Chinatown, I came upon a scene straight out of a modern day fairytale. If you've ever walked through Chinatown in the afternoon (near Stockton & Grant to be exact) you'd be amazed to find less than 200 people in a six foot square area much less a completely deserted alleyway. After seeing that there was no other people anywhere near this little girl, and I mean no one, I couldn't shake this visual impression of little red riding hood. She was walking up this alley, toward Stockton, admiring the scooter. It happened so quick, I just snapped off ten or fifteen pics, hoping I'd get one that was interesting. I have the color print hanging up in my room but this version (thank you Adobe Photoshop) is more interesting. Yes, I know. This has been done before and by better photographers. I can dream can't I?

0 comments: