Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
Inherently Different
Stuff about the person who owns this blog, but it only scratches the surface because I am deeper than the Mariana Trench.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

3/06/2001
The concept of Libido originated by Sigmund Freud to signify the instinctual physiological or psychic energy associated with sexual urges and with all constructive human activity. Thanatos, the death instinct, opposes Libido and is the source of destructive urges; according to Freud, the interaction of the two produced all the variations of human activity. Freud considered psychiatric symptoms the result of misdirection or inadequate discharge of libido. I bring this up because a friend of mine and I just had an IM chat/argument stemming from this very concept. Some guy from Italy sent my friend an email basically using Thanatos to explain some problems he was having in his relationship...I just cut to the chase with my explanation that what he was really asking her (in very certain terms) was that he wanted one last fling before he got married. Essentially, he wanted my friend to be the bachelor party... I got the riot act read to me. That's what I get for being me. I translate the message and she wants to kill the translator! Anyway...I think the kid in San Diego who went rambo at school has some repressed sexual urges. On that note: Another reason to home school!

comment?

0 comments: