Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
Inherently Different
Stuff about the person who owns this blog, but it only scratches the surface because I am deeper than the Mariana Trench.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

3/15/2001
I'm a big fan of music and I'll be the first to admit that sometimes I let my passion for music, and certain bands in particular, influence my outlook, fashion sense and sometimes even my friends. Back in the 80s I was a Hessian, or what most people called a head banger. I liked heavy metal music. Bands like Iron Maiden, The Scorpions, Accept and Ozzy Osbourne pretty much had free reign on my turntable (yes, turntable...remember this was the 80s). One band that I couldn't seem to get enough of was Judas Priest. I honestly thought that the band rocked and the lead singer, Rob Halford, was very cool. He had a platinum blonde wife with big 38 DD boobs, wore leather all the time, rode a Harley onto the stage and had some massive pipes. In retrospect, I remember his wife and realize he was overcompensating because a few years ago he made a confession right on MTV. Halford came out of the closet late in 98 and I laughed my ass off. Not because he was gay but because thousands of kids who idolized him in the 80s were going to shit their pants... Rob Halford's sexuality had nothing to do with his music...it was raw, it was undeniably visceral and well written. The fact that Halford was gay wasn't that big of a surprise, at least to me. Even back then I thought, in the back of my mind, "you know, he looks a lot like that guy from the village people!" In spite of his revelation, to this day I like Judas Priest...In fact, I bought all their CDs when they became available. The impetus for this bit of reverie stems from a link I found on Mighty Girl's site. It was documentary film about some kids the film makers found in the parking lot of a Judas Priest concert back in 1986. It cracked me up because, whether I want to admit it or not...I was one of those kids back then...only without the mullet. These days I much prefer a much kinder, gentler type of music...Mostly bands like nine inch nails.

comment?

0 comments: